Monday, November 28, 2011

Blog 14- Picardo

Joes Picardo suggests 10 tips that he considers the most important when trying to integrate technologies into the classroom. I think his “Top Ten” are wonderful ideas and I hope to use them in my future classroom. Although I would probably list them in a different order his top ten are as follows:
1.Streaming Video
2.Music
3.Teleconferencing
4.Interactive exercsies
5.Interactive whiteboard
6.Podcast
7.Blogs and Wikis
8.Social networks
9.Internet tools
10.Gadgets.
I think that the use of blogs/ Wikis/ social networks/ personal websites are the most important from this list, although all the others can be adapted and be just as useful. I had not thought about music being much of a learning tool but I can see how it could bring some students back into focus along with streaming video. I would definitely make use of the personal gadgets and the interactive whiteboards. I really think by not making students “unplug” at school will allow learning to take place not only on school campuses but students would be more willing to study and be active in their own learning process.

As for Mr. Picardo’s website, I was amazed at how much information was contained on this one website and all the wonderful useful resources that he has collected for those of us just getting started. Although when I first opened the page I was almost overwhelmed by the amount of material on the page, I actually “x”ed out and then went back and slowly looked a good many of the links and even went to his personal website, josepicardo.com ,and read a few of his posts that I found interesting. If it weren’t for people like Mr. Picardo we, as upcoming teachers, would have to find out all the resources for ourselves and he has already put forth so much effort, all I can say is “Thank you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment