Sunday, October 30, 2011

C4T 3

PART 1
For my C4T 3 I was assigned Dean Shareski. He was actually teaching himself how to play guitar. Also on his post were links to several of his students blogs where they had been assigned learn yourself subject. One link was a student was learning how to speak Japanese. He had been struggling but was find time during the day to teach himself short phrases. Another link that was on the page was a student teaching herself how to crochet. Having attempted this myself and failed miserable I commented to her encouraging her to continue trying and working on it. I also commented to Mr. Dean that I thought it was awesome that he was self teaching himself how to play the guitar and that I was from a musical family but that I personally did not inherit those musical genes. I look forward to seeing his students progress along with his. I think his afterthought message on the post was that teachers come in all shapes and sizes and if we are open to it then we can learn almost anywhere.
Guitar Lesson 5 Dean Shareski

PART 2
I was in awe at the thought of his second post that I read off Mr. Shareski's blog. This was about not asking people what the want but suggesting to people what they want. In other words, I think he was trying to say was many people really don't know what they want until someone suggests or puts it in front of them. Mr. Shareski thinks this is also the pattern that education is following and we need to get the students involved more than they are on a normal basis. The idea of not asking what people want actually came from a blog post by the former Steve Jobs. They were questioning the public about what they wanted from a new computer. The answer were always better/faster/cheaper this also went along with what most teachers want for their students,better test scores.

No comments:

Post a Comment