Wednesday, October 12, 2011

C4T 2

My assigned teacher this week was Miquel Guhlin. His post this week was about a new study hall. In his post he talked about how there is a new application for Facebook that allows students to work on math and all kinds of other projects. I was really amazed at this. In fact just last week I was telling my husband how I wish there was a math Facebook so I could ask a million questions on how to finish my homework. I found out today that there is! Having two children growing up in the technology advanced age I must stay on top of topics such as these. I was very thankful that Mr. Guhlin posted this post.
The second blog posting was what blogging had meant to Mr. Guhlin. When he originally started his blog he was clueless, much like I am now, on how many people it would eventually connect him to. Mr. Guhlin states that he is now very active on his blog for many reasons. A few that he mentions is that he wants to help promote that positive change in the classroom and feels like connecting to many people that share that idea can help promote that. Also he mentions how after several months of working on his blog he became aware of the massive amount of connections that can and could be made. He tells on his blog post that he is now connected with many bright minds in the education fields of today. I really like how he ends his post with a phrase from Spiderman. And his question “Given the choice between being steady or being a rock star or hero, which would you choose?” was a very thoughtful question. To answer his question I would have to choose “steady”. I want for others to look at me and know that I am steady and confident and that I don’t always have to be center of attention.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda! It's good to finally be reading your blog now, because I've seen you pop up a lot on the Facebook page. You have a knack for asking all of the questions I'm curious about! I really had no idea that there was a math Facebook, so that is really cool. I feel the same way about math as you. I always just have so many questions! The advances being made in technology nowadays constantly astound me. I think people should be open to making those connections, because you can always trade ideas back and forth. You can also learn things that you never thought possible. I think that's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete