Wednesday, August 24, 2011

About Me

My name is Amanda Killough and I am 27 years old. I have lived a little all over the south. For the first 18 years of my life I lived in a small town in rural south Georgia called Fitzgerald. After marrying my husband we moved to Seneca, South Carolina and spent about two years there. From there we moved to Corinth, Mississippi and live there almost three years and then moved to Millington, Tennessee. From there we moved quickly from Millington to Gulfport, Mississippi to Picayune, Mississippi to Robertsdale, Alabama over a two year period. I have changed my major once from Nursing to Education. I am attending South Alabama mainly because I have too many semester hours to attend a community college and be eligible for financial aid but also because I would eventually like to continue my education to a Master's degree.
My family consists of 2 children both girls, a 7 year old, Jessica Lyn and a 3 month old, Karleigh Deanna, and of course my husband, Joshua. My husband and I are about to celebrate our 8 year anniversary. I am a stay at home mother. Some would argue with me but that is a full time job in itself. When I am not doing housework, taking care of my children, or attending class I am usually hunting, fishing, walking, playing scrabble, or reading a book. We do most of these activities as a family and will continue doing so as long as possible.
I am in the education field because I want to make an impact on children's lives and help improve where I can. Also eventually I would like to major in nursing and then teach at a college level.

mywordle

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Amanda. My name is Mary LaCoste and I'm in your EDM 310 class on Wednesday nights. It sounds like you have lived in lots of different places. It must have been nice to experience all those different parts of the South. I was actually born in Beaufort, SC, but I have mainly lived here in Mobile my whole life. I also totally agree with you when you say that a stay at home mom is more than a full-time job! I stayed at home with my three children for ten years and feel so blessed to have been able to do it, but it was a lot of work. I don't think some people appreciate how hard it can be. Good luck with acquiring your teaching degree.

    ReplyDelete